The Green City Market Junior Board is holding another “Meet the Market” event tonight in Wicker Park, and it’s open to the public.
The Bedford is hosting the Junior Board and guests in the bank vault from 6-8 p.m. Complete details can be found on the event page here.
Seedling Fruit is the featured farm and will be represented by farmer Peter Klein, and Evanston based FEW Spirits is sponsoring the event with a donation of both its Bourbon and Gin for the use of Seedling Fruit cocktails. The cocktails are special for the evening and only cost $8, of which $6 goes to Green City Market, a non-profit. The unnamed cocktails are:
- Bourbon, muddled strawberries, Averna, lemon
- Gin, rhubarb syrup, Campari, rhubarb bitters, tonic
There will also be complimentary passed apps from Bedford chef Mark Steuer, including:
- Duck liver mousse, toasted brioche, rhubarb preserves
- Drop biscuits, house butter, strawberry jam
- Halibut brandade croquettes, rhubarb mustard, strawberry and fennel slaw
- Cider braised pork belly, watermelon, shrimp vinaigrette, peanuts
New for 2012, the Junior Board is working in tandem with the market to contribute volunteer hours and raise money for the market’s LINK Program which encourages LINK users to shop at the market. LINK shoppers at Green City Market receive a $10 matching credit in addition to their LINK funds thanks to the fundraising efforts of events like the Junior Board’s Meet the Market.
You can follow the Junior Board on twitter – @GCMJuniorBoard as well as The Bedford @thebedfordchi.